07 November 2005

Distraction

I was going to work more on my Ted story, but my parents have been hauling things out of the attic for the past couple of hours, and a number of boxes seem to have my stuff in them.

I never put anything up there, so I'm dismayed by this turn of events as the boxes are crushed, damp, or otherwise not in good shape. Dealing with more boxes is not what I wanted to do this afternoon; heck, I didn't want to know I had more mystery boxes. My concentration is blown for now, so I may as well go sort through some junk.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!

    Hope you're not like me when it comes to old mystery boxes - I tend to get completely absorbed in the old stuff and not notice how the hours fly by...

    Although, I tend to enjoy it thoroughly, and that I *do* want for you to do! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm exhausted. It took nearly 3 hours to go through it all, and now I have to repack most of it. Mystery boxes usually create the reaction you describe, but in this case, the boxes were damp and musty so there was a great deal of irritation as well. Particularly when I came across more letters, warped books, and photos (although those seem to have survived ok though I didn't check the negatives).

    Though I'm still in somewhat of a foul temper because I had other things I wanted to do this afternoon, none of which meant being in the chilly garage, there were things I found that I was glad of. Think I will go veg out and watch some tv to lighten my mood.

    ReplyDelete