24 November 2005

Breakfast of champions!

We just finished thanksgiving dinner a while ago. My family's traditional spread is still my favorite: mashed potatoes, brown gravy, stuffing and dressing, sweet gherkins, bread and butter pickles, olives, cranberry sauce, brown 'n' serve rolls, peas, turkey, curried fruit, pumpkin pie, and sweet potatoes. Other people seem to douse everything in garlic.

The leaf-barren trees are all outlined with snow, and the sky is reversed: muted pale blue clouds broken by white patches of sky.

If my niece were here, I'd bet we'd be playing in the snow right now.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds excellent!

    We don't really do Thanksgiving here. But we do eat more than plenty around x-mas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very tasty. I'll be having it for the next week or so.

    ReplyDelete