11 November 2005

The Expedition

My alma mater sponsors trips for alums throughout the year to exotic and intriguing locales all over the world. I got on their mailing list a few years ago in a hopeful spirit, but the expense of the trips has always been well out of my reach. I should take my name off the list, but I enjoy the pictures and reading the itineraries: it's the prospect of adventure.

A few days ago, I received the latest brochure for a trip next summer. I keep staring at the photographs because I dreamt about this place last spring. I still can't afford it, but it feels like it means something.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it does. There are some other places in the Amazon basin on the itinerary which look cool too. I think I'll hang on to this brochure just in case I come into some splurge money before next summer.

    ReplyDelete