17 June 2009

Another not my dog

(FYI, these not my dog posts were inspired by some tweets from @Neilochka last night. Thanks, Neil! If you're so inclined, you can check out my latest tweets in the sidebar or @claireofttat.)

Here I am with Uncle K.T.'s dog Katie:

Claire and Katie
Go ahead, say "K.T." and "Katie." It's not just me, is it? As far as I know, I was the only one who found it confusing. It was all about waiting for context. Random name calls to get his or her attention were always harder to peg. I suppose you could chalk it up to my Yank ears and their thick Virginian drawls. Always took a little while to adjust, "get my ears on" as we used to say.

And now, purely for vanity's sake, probably my favorite shot of myself with long hair:

Ah, Izod.

Looks like the key to rockin' long waves/curls for me is to always be leaning forward. Hmm.


A year ago on TTaT: Hibiscus

2 comments:

  1. I love dog/human name confusion. AK and I have an acquaintance named Lucy who has an adorable dog she adopted from India named Zenzi. But we and everyone else who just sees them at parties every once in a while (they party together, human and dog) think that Lucy is the dog. Lucy just seems like a good dog name. To make it even more confusing, Lucy the human's Facebook photo is of Zenzi, so it always looks like a dog named Lucy is posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Just goes to show that even what seems like it shouldn't be confusing still can be.

    I was always losing threads of conversation when he had Katie.

    ReplyDelete