06 June 2009

Awakening

For the first time all week, the curtains were open when I awoke this morning. (Damn painters.) It was still early enough in the day that there was a lot of sunlight spilled across the mass of green maple leaves in the woods behind the house.

A steady mist seemed to be falling. I blinked, trying to decide if it was raining. The devil beating his wife, something my dad would say when it's raining while the sun is out, what a bizarre saying.

I focused on the steady pervasive mist. Yellow particles.

Not rain, pollen.

Oh, fuck.


Two years ago on TTaT: Leaf density II

2 comments:

  1. Well, that's not fun. Do you have especially bad allergies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a teenager they were horrible, but I seem to have grown out of them to some degree. Sinuses cause me more trouble now. Yesterday I felt all right which was a pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete