You can play along in the comments if you'd like with your own pursuits. (That's where the cheerleading happens.)
*******This week, I
- Shot 311 photos.
- Changed my twitter handle to @claireofRA from claireofttat. Now you can tweet me with 2 more characters!
RA is for Rocklawn Arts, naturally, but I like it because it sounds like Rah! and makes me think of Egyptology, a passion of mine.
- Revised my twitter profile to include RocklawnArts.com as my site and mentioned it in my bio.
- Tweeted, FB'd, blogged Zazzle's poster sale:
Prints and Posters in my shop are 40% off until August 22, 2010 at 11:59pm PT. Use code: BTSRULEPRINT
- Prepped & uploaded photograph Circle With Fire Escape to Rocklawn Arts zazzle store. Wrote copy.
- Created a variety of customizable Circle With Fire Escape products: prints/posters, cards, postcard, mugs, t-shirts, binders, tote bags, stickers, keychain, magnets, buttons, mouse pad, and stamps:
Several years ago during what I'm sure was an imaginary period of my life, I lived in a store front along the border of Nob Hill and Chinatown in San Francisco, California. Hypothetically, I often went on walkabout throughout the city, noting any structures I wanted to go back and photograph later.
Descending into Chinatown, the large open circle cut into the photograph's foreground concrete wall always stopped me. With just the right angle of view through the circular window, the zigzag of the fire escape stairs of the next building becomes visible. A collection of mesmerizing geometry contained within and surrounding the circle: lines, angles, squares, rectangles, and triangles.
Sunlight illuminates the background building, the square panes of its rectangular windows a mix of light and dark reflections. The shadowed foreground wall draws your eye through to the details.
My friend Marc wrote: "I like this shot a lot! It has a strange MC Escher feel to it... but it's real!" I may have a proper series brewing yet. :)
- Tweeted, FB'd, blogged Circle With Fire Escape folder link.
- Submitted link to prints and posters in my shop to a thread.
- Had 4 products promoted on a Back to School blog.
- Changed default sort order of Rocklawn Arts zazzle store to A-Z.
- Worked on a new header for my shop. Thunderstorm kept me from finishing.
- Worked on Rocklawn Arts blog design, published 3 posts. Added statcounter. Made blog visible. Undecided about it though. If this week shows me anything, it's that maintaining another blog isn't on the forefront of my mind.
- Went to a Gem, Mineral, Fossil Show.
- Watched Iconoclasts with Stella McCartney and Ed Ruscha. So great. I want to be Ed while sporting a few of Stella's ensembles.
What did you do to pursue the life you want this week?
3 years ago on TTaT: Knowing better doesn't always prompt appropriate action
If you liked this post, please share it using the links below.