20 August 2007

Knowing better doesn't always prompt appropriate action

I was tired, I knew I was tired, but I was also determined. Sucked into the writers/director commentary for The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, I didn't think I had that much longer to go, but I was wrong. The commentary even extended through nearly all the credits. It was almost three when I crawled into bed. I feel wrecked today.

I could finish watching it tomorrow, I'd thought to myself. All I have to do is pick somewhere to stop. Yup, just hit stop. Any time now.

But I didn't, so here we are. For whatever reason, when it comes to sleep, I eschew routine.

My car made some weird sounds the other day, so I'm dropping it off tonight so it can get looked at tomorrow. On the one hand, I don't want to be crazy hearing sounds that will choose not to recur for the mechanics, but on the other, I don't want something serious to be wrong with it.

What I really wanted to do was go up to Best Buy and complete my DVD set of Buffy. Only two seasons to go, and they've got them all on sale for $15.99 this week. With my birthday in almost exactly a month, it's bad form to be buying stuff that'd be on my list, but I have a feeling Buffy would get skipped over anyway. Part of me even wonders how much I want them, if it's just some compulsion in action. In the end, I'd say having them this week is not important to me, but I'd like them sometime and I've never seen a better price for them new.

All right, I should go clear my driver and some other stuff out of my car before I have to drop it off. Here's hoping getting my car fixed doesn't top my birthday wish list.

Two years ago at TTaT: Hamlet was my undoing: Part III
Technorati tags: , , ,

2 comments:

  1. lol! You cn find me holding a John Grisham and wishing the story would reach some non interesting chapters I'd be able to stop at. 5 in the morning would find me there; reading! :)
    Fitèna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I'm glad it's not just me. :)

    ReplyDelete