27 March 2008

Enough with the Christmas decorations!

I'll be the first to admit there are still three spiral light trees in my yard. Anyone with those sorts of exterior decorations still out, I get. The ground is still frozen: stakes and anchors aren't coming out without breaking until it's warmer.

I also don't care if you leave lights lining your roof up year-round. They've got to be a pain in the ass to put up. In fact, anything that required a ladder to put up is still tolerable to me. Even on our marginally warm days of late, it's been freakin' windy out.

Christmas wreaths on your front door, however, must go! Really. Now. I'll wait. Just open your front door and lift it off the damn hook. How hard is that? If you want to put up a floral spring wreath in its place, that's fine. Just ditch the evergreen!


Two years ago on TTaT: Little Creatures: Fred's Rescue

4 comments:

  1. Seriously?

    That stuff drives me bonkers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I remember your post about that (from last year?), except I think yours was around mid-late January. You've crossed my mind many a time these past couple months when I've driven past xmas trees on porches, wreaths, snowflakes hanging from trees...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I never decorate in the first place. That way, I'm always the first one on the block with my decorations down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still a bit of a sucker for xmas lights.

    ReplyDelete