23 August 2006

With Pride

A talented filmmaker whose work, ambitions, and vision I deeply respect, Brandon Wilson is a friend whose intellectual discourse I always enjoy.

His first feature film The Man Who Couldn't is having its New York premiere this Saturday, and I'm so proud of him.
Voyager Film Company invites you to the New York premiere of
The Man Who Couldn't
Saturday, August 26, 2006 @ 3:30pm
The Anthology Film Archives in the Maya Deren Theatre
Lower Manhattan
32 Second Avenue (where 2nd St. and 2nd Ave. meet)
212.505.5181
Admission: $9

Filmmakers Brandon Wilson & Jena English Wilson will introduce the screening
Earlier this week, he gave an engaging interview at 3 Black Chicks. I would love to be as articulate as he is off the cuff some day.

Go see his film and tell him I sent ya.

If you can't make the screening this weekend, it's playing again in NYC on 9/9/06 at 7:00pm at The Interborough Repertory Theatre - 154 Christopher St. #3B - (212) 206-6875.

If you live elsewhere, check The Man Who Couldn't site for upcoming screenings and DVD release information.

One year ago at TTaT: The Prom: Take Two (part 1)
tags: , , ,

2 comments:

  1. Alas, nothing near DC! There are times when living in/near NYC or LA would be wonderful (but many when it wouldn't, too!)

    I enjoyed the trailer - and I'm intrigued... I hope your friend does extremely well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm sure he appreciates it.

    He has a distribution deal for his movie, so it will be coming out on DVD, later this year I think. I don't know how many vid stores will have it but it should be available on netflix when it comes out. I'll keep y'all posted.

    ReplyDelete