01 October 2019

All The Nice Dogs

Today's sighting: all the nice dogs on my street. Rosco and Ollie were both on leash with their owners chatting. Rosco is huge compared to Ollie.

"Hi, Claire!" Rosco's owner said. "Look who it is," he said to Rosco.

Yup, he knows my name for sure. I'm pretty sure I know his but didn't feel up to saying it out loud. Instead I replied, "Hi," and, "Hey, Rosco," and kept walking around the curve at the end of the street.

I heard Rosco bark but it didn't seem to be at me since he was pulling towards home. Rosco's owner commented he must be hungry and they headed off.

Ollie and her owner turned towards their driveway so they were facing me as I rounded the curve a few steps later.

"Say, 'Hello,' Ollie," her owner said. I think I know her name also which is to say I know the names of the couple who live there but she looked different from how I remembered last seeing her a few years ago.

I bent in half and held my hand out low in front of Ollie. She took a small step closer and tentatively sniffed my hand from a couple inches away. I gently reached my hand up to pet her for the first time. So fluffy and soft! My favorite kind of fur. I felt like Agnes in Despicable Me when she gets the unicorn at the amusement park. "It's so fluffy!"



Though, you know, I kept that on the inside.

As I got to the bottom of the hill, I heard Apollo bark from inside and then spotted him looking out the window at me. Not a crazed "Get off my side of the street" bark but a "Hello" I think. I waved and said, "Hey, Apollo."


10 years ago on TTaT: Two for two

No comments:

Post a Comment