01 October 2009

Two for two

For the second year in a row, the person giving me a flu shot said, "You have really beautiful skin."

"Thank you!" It caught me off guard this time too since I focus on my facial flaws, gradually increasing with age. Granted, she was just looking at a small patch of my upper arm, but I'll take it. Here's to flu shot ladies!

Wendy the pharmacist went on to say, "You don't go out in the sun much, do you?"

"No, I'm pretty much a vampire."

"Well, that's good. It's better for you."

"Yeah, I tend to burn if I'm out for long."

*****

Getting an appointment for a flu shot at a pharmacy was so much better than showing up to a flu shot clinic at a grocery store or community center (with or without an appointment--they ignore them most of the time anyway). Today took maybe ten minutes from "Hi, I've got a flu shot appointment" to being done, probably less, and that includes rebooting the computer so I could pay. No line, particularly no line of coughers and sneezers, and minimal waiting. FTW!


A year ago on TTaT: Name that mythological monster, Non partisan PSA: Don't Vote!

6 comments:

  1. What a nice compliment!

    Being covered in the sun IS important. A lot of people don't realize that. Or they ignore it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it's easier to ignore if you're less prone to burning. Too much sun can also make me feel nauseated--a pre-burn heads up from my body, so I try to pay attention it.

    Hats are good! And moisturizers with sunscreen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ex grew up in Syracuse and had pale, young-looking skin. She liked to point out that the one solar panel business that opened in Syracuse closed within a year: There was no sun. She also pointed out that all her SoCal-native peeps (like, say, me) already had crows feet by their mid-twenties. Stupid beach-side childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl: But you had fun at the beach, right?

    If I came across like the Syracuse ex, I apologize. Again, I stress that the flu shot ladies were looking at an above-my-slight-farmer-tan section of skin when they complimented me. Also, one should factor in their sample group: probably folks 20-30+ years older than me for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry, you didn't sound braggy. And hey, if you've got it, you should flaunt it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Course if I start flaunting my upper arms, they'll be exposed to more sun thereby making them less flaunt-worthy. ;)

    ReplyDelete