19 August 2009

Skylines

Yesterday, I felt tremendously adrift. Just couldn't shake it, so I finally got around to opening a pack of 'artist trading cards' I'd picked up a couple weeks ago and drawing something. The Strathmore cards come in lots of paper and canvas types, but they are all 2.5"x3.5", a seemingly manageable little size.

Was tempted to stop after this phase:
skyline sketch 1
But I like how it turned out here:
skyline sketch 2Even though I was tempted to continue adding details.

The drawing itself was meditative and calming, no wonder I used to draw all the time as a kid. As an adult, I lost a lot of my patience for drawing, preferring the instant click of photography even when developing was required.

I think next I'll open my pack of linen canvas cards and bust out some paint.


A year ago on TTaT: Pole vaulting would be cool too

No comments:

Post a Comment