10 August 2009

Recurring

Flipping through flyers from the Sunday paper with all their back-to-school deals, I suddenly remembered a recurring element that's been in many of my dreams for months. It doesn't stand on its own story wise, so until today it hasn't been something I've pondered during waking hours.

I'm taking a class, but I'm not in high school. (I've gotten past those recurring dreams.) The class itself doesn't seem to matter, it's all about the notebook. It's the first day and I've shown up with a notebook from a long past high school or college class that still has blank pages at the back.

Sometimes I'm concerned that the subjects of the old and new classes are unrelated, but mostly I worry about running out of space. Usually, I do, but then I'm not overly concerned about it. I just want to buy a new notebook so I can start fresh, and I wonder why I didn't do that in the first place. Never do manage to pay enough attention to the lecture to find out what course or courses I'm taking.

I'm not sure what it indicates other than the fact I have loads of not quite full notebooks and pads.


A year ago on TTaT: Random Scan Sunday 12: Lion

2 comments:

  1. Is it something you've left unfinished?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an intriguing take on it, IF. Plenty of possibilities, I reckon, but the stacks of unedited pages to my right are what I keep looking at when I consider "unfinished."

    ReplyDelete