08 February 2006

Tax filing tip

If you haven't filed your taxes yet, and your gross adjusted income is $50,000 or less, you can e-file for free from this mostly unpublicized site:


The IRS page above leads you to a list of tax software companies offering the free filing service (TurboTax, TaxCut, and many others) you can choose from. You just have to click through to them from the IRS site to get the free filing service.

Some of the services have additional conditions for free filing, so read the details.

tags: , ,


  1. Thanks for this tip, Claire! I can definitely use this for this past year of financial hell. :-)

  2. Sweet, glad I stumbled across your blog.