04 April 2016

Eleven

And just like that Taller Than Average Tales is eleven.

As I type this (the day before), I'm looking out at newly snow covered ground. The grey clouds have moved on, the wind advisory apt. The sun, for the moment, is shining and the sky is blue. A few white clouds drift along near what passes for the horizon here, which is to say I can see them through the trees.

The driveway stayed clear, I'm grateful for that. My natural impulse is to let snow melt on its own this time of year, but the forecast says 4 to 8 more inches of snow tomorrow and no temperatures much above freezing for a few days after that.

So I shoveled the deck and the parts of the front walk that were still covered. Three inches of snow fell overnight. It melted to about 2 inches but made what was left really heavy. Just as well I got out and cleared some today. Gave me a chance to wear the flannel lined cargo pants I bought a few weeks ago when it was 70 degrees outside.


Happy 11th blogiversary, TTaT!

In honor of this anniversary, I decided to choose one post for each year from my Best of TTaT list (you can also find it in the header under Highlights).

So... of 2314 published posts (not including this one), which are currently my favorites?

Eleven years of Taller Than Average Tales, ultra-condensed

2005:
Higher altitude

2006:
The Road is my Favorite Place: Day 3

2007:
Clash of the Foreign Tongues

2008:
Claire's Bears

2009:
After dinner...

2010:
Gettin' My Groove On... (vol. xv)

2011:
Biggest Bear Yet

2012:
Inner Badass

2013:
Fractional Storytelling #9

2014:
Christmas Eve

2015:
Triumphant Anxiety

2016 (so far):
Trigger Happy Startle Reflex


Thanks to all of you who have read and commented over the years!


10 years ago on TTaT: One

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Neil! (Not sure why I didn't see this earlier, something wonky with notifications I guess.)

      Delete