13 April 2016

Show Your Work

Show Your Work!: 10 Ways to Share Your Creativity and Get Discovered18. Show Your Work!: 10 Ways to Share Your Creativity and Get Discovered by Austin Kleon

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I confess I'm leery of books with "do X and get discovered" as their premise.

Most of what he suggests I have seen elsewhere. Nonetheless, he presents it in a way that is starting to win me over. Not the Picasso story, that seems like it could be an argument for becoming a vampire yourself. 'Cuz, dude, who doesn't know Picasso?

But Kleon won me back at the end with a take what's useful, leave the rest statement.

"Learn to Take a Punch" is a good chapter, especially for creatives.

It's a small book and a quick read. I've still got some time before it's due back at the library, and I think I'll hang on to it for a bit as I mull some of it over.


10 years ago on TTaT: Most days... and Only when and if the time comes

No comments:

Post a Comment