16 April 2013

With or Without

"You had a Vanilla Bean Coolatta, right?"

"Yes."

"Did you want whipped cream on that?"

I considered it for a moment and then said, "Sure."

With gusto, the woman at the Dunkin' Donuts drive-through window said, "All right," stretching it out as though she were saying, "Right on."

If you've never had a Coolatta, they serve them in a plastic cup with a dome-shaped lid that has a sizable hole at the top for your straw. When you get whipped cream, they squirt it on top of the drink so it fills the dome.

When she handed me my beverage, there was a plume of whipped cream extending over an inch out of the straw hole of the dome lid.

"Whoa," I said, "Thanks!"

I think I must've been her first person to indulge in whipped cream that day. Right on.


Two years ago on TTaT: Bossypants

2 comments:

  1. Plastic lid overflow is actually one of my pet peeves. The messiness diminishes the deliciousness, and then I feel guilty about my free-extra-whipped-cream gratitude to boot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see that. In this case, the pillar was intact, so it wasn't really messy. One chomp and I was good to go. :)

      Delete