21 December 2012

Life of Art SitRep #150 Still here it seems

Well NASA says there's no scientific basis for the end of the world today, so I reckon I best get back to work.

Again, I had a slow week. There were a number of distractions, but I'm done wrapping presents now so that should help.

I made a new design for my shop but it's not up yet, so I'll show it to you next week.

Read Popular Photography's Dec. 2012 issue.

Took care of a variety of administrative type things.

I also saw The Hobbit. Made a trek to a theater with larger screens and proper stadium seating. Perfectly happy to watch it in 2D. I find 3D glasses heavy, prone to glare, and more distracting than immersive.

Also could have done without the jerk (or 2) who's goddamn phone kept chirping, presumably to notify him of texts or messages? I wanted to snap his phone in half by the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th times. Grr. Wanted to say something but couldn't place where it was coming from exactly and didn't want to disturb everyone else even further.

But seriously, you couldn't put it on vibrate at least? I had ear plugs in (because theaters are really loud nowadays, as though that makes sound better) and the damn chirps were still loud. What the hell? (Made me think of you, Dave2.)

Enjoyed the movie otherwise. Not as emotionally invested as I was after the 1st LOTR, but damn if New Zealand isn't beautiful. The hair, makeup, costumes, production design, sets were inspired accomplishments. Really beautiful craftsmanship.


A year ago on TTaT: Hoodie Holiday Song

No comments:

Post a Comment