31 August 2012

Life of Art SitRep #134 Aha!

This week was something of a full court press on multiple fronts. I made more headway on my photography archive, watched as much Creative Live as I could manage, updated the rest of my existing calendars with 2013 dates, made some Clocks and many more Samsung, Motorola Droid RAZR, and HTC Vivid Tough Cases.

The "aha" came from realizing I could change fixed black text to white with a simple invert command thereby bypassing selection which can yield jaggy results if not perfect. Shouldn't be too hard to change the color to something else if I wanted either. A Hue/Saturation layer or Curve should be able to do it.

I'm starting to see easier ways to do things in Photoshop which is nice. Just takes recognizing them amidst the sprawl of the program.

This week I continued sans mouse to better learn my tablet. I focused on using the pen which makes some things faster but there's still things I'm doing unintentionally that are difficult to undo. Frustrating. Ultimately I don't feel that dexterous with the pen since I don't write much anymore. I also type a lot and use keyboard shortcuts, so it's awkward to have a pen in hand, always needing to put it down/pick it up.

I'm looking forward to plugging my mouse back in on Sunday, but I think I'll keep my tablet plugged in too. Each has their place I think.

A year ago on TTaT: The Power of Water, part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment