30 December 2011

Life of Art SitRep #99 Bring on the luftballons!

Every week, I work towards creating a life of art for myself. This is the zigzag filled journey.

Play along in the comments with your own pursuits if you'd like. (That's where I'll cheer you on.)
*******
Whoa, that song came out in 1984. Alas, I am likely dating myself for many of today's blog readers. Anyway, 99 life of art sitreps feels like a real accomplishment even though 100 seems the more significant number. I like the nines.

This week, I

  • Shot 55 photographs of xmas tree and mantle.

  • Added 4 new designs to my Rocklawn Arts shop: White Circles on Blue, Black and White Rectangles, Feisty, and Black and White Gingham Pattern (this one should show up in the store soon):
    White Circles on Blue Black and White Rectangles Feisty 
    Feisty necklace
    Feisty by RocklawnArts
    Browse more photo pendant designs

  • Made 21 Specialty Mugs, a new offering that includes espresso, bone china, and jumbo mugs.

  • Rearranged store a bit and changed store intro links. Changed top picks from cases to calendars.

  • Added links to links file for all of the case types individually. E.g., iPhone 4, iPhone 3, iPod Touch, etc. instead of them all lumped together.

  • Removed products from sidebar list that I don't carry: candy jars, pitchers, tea pots, pet bowls, photography. I know, photography doesn't seem right to remove but as far as I can tell, I can't actually offer the thing that would show up in that category. Strange.

  • Posted 45 products to promotional blogs.

  • Tweeted and FB'd some sales and a new design.

  • Watched most of 5 segments of the Creative Live replay of Fundamentals of Digital Photography with John Greengo. Bummed I missed the class on full frame vs. APS last week. Not sure there's enough info new to me to justify buying it though.

  • Watched "The Stylized Blur Effect," "Video Tutorial – How To Convert To B&W In Photoshop – Best Practices" and "Video Tutorial – Using The Crop Tool Within Adobe Camera RAW" Photoshop tutorials.

  • *******
    How are your pursuits going?


    A year ago on TTaT: The Digital Photography Book

    No comments:

    Post a Comment