30 December 2010

58. The Digital Photography Book

58. The Digital Photography Book: The step-by-step secrets for how to make your photos look like the pros by Scott Kelby (4.5/5)

Very handy book. Kelby writes as though giving tips to a friend out on a shoot, so he gives settings, equipment suggestions and the like without lots of theory. I find this approach particularly helpful with his Photoshop suggestions. (He's written whole books on Photoshop so I hope my library has some.)

His sense of humor was... well, not mine... at the beginning of the book, but after that you'll just need to survive some dumb jokes on the first page of each chapter. The tips are well worth it.

I already know a lot of this stuff, but I still jotted down a bunch of pages with info I want to look at again.


A year ago on TTaT: Vestigial lists

If you liked this post, please share it using the links below.

No comments:

Post a Comment