01 January 2012

Life of Art 2011: the year in review

Happy New Year!

For the past 99 Fridays, I've been tracking my efforts to create a life of art for myself. Here's a look at what I accomplished in 2011.

  • I added 48 new photographs and designs to my Rocklawn Arts shop. My goal was to add 1 new design per week which totally didn't happen, but I still came close to 52 for the year. You'll see why I don't mind falling short in the next bullet.

  • Adobe CorridorPetrified Forest DesertFootprints in SnowMelting Snow

    Rainbow StripesRainbow SquareRainbow SquaresFive Fabrics With Geometric Patterns

    Red Linen Fabric TextureFlowing Blue Silk Fabric AbstractBrown Suede With Strap And BucklePuffy Clouds On Blue Sky

    Golden Gate Bridge Suspension CableOn The Golden Gate BridgeRock Mountain SummitRed Hibiscus With Raindrops

    Dark Red and Blue RectanglesLight Blue and Dark Blue RectanglesRainbow PlanetsPine Tree Bark With Moss

    Rainbow Polka Dots on WhiteRainbow Polka Dots on BlackRainbow BullseyeRainbow Polka Dots on Grey

    Red Dianthus With RaindropsSnow-tipped Pine Tree on Blue SkySnow-covered Trees: VerticalSnow-covered Trees: Horizontal

    Green and White Gingham PatternRed and Green Gingham PatternNavy and White Gingham PatternRed and White Gingham Pattern

    Snow-covered Oak TreePurple and White Gingham PatternRed and Green RectanglesRed Circles on Green

    Green Circles on RedWhite Circles on Light BlueDouble Rainbow BarcodeWhite Circles on Red

    Blue Circles on RedWhite Circles on GreenOrange Circles on RedRed Circles on Blue

    White Circles on BlueBlack and White RectanglesFeistyBlack and White Gingham Pattern
  • I added 26 new product types to Rocklawn Arts for a total of 2711 new items (includes about 100 templates):
    Necklaces
    Portable Speakers
    Wrapped Canvas

    9 new Case-Mate cases:
    iPod Touch cases
    2 types of iPhone 3G/3GS cases
    3 types of iPhone 4/4S cases
    Samsung Galaxy S (T-Mobile Vibrant) cases
    BlackBerry Curve 8520/9300 cases
    BlackBerry Bold 9700/9780 cases

    Ties
    Tile Gift Boxes
    Small Gift Boxes

    Notebooks
    Puzzles
    Flexible Magnets

    Gel Mousepads
    Plates
    Coasters

    Laptop Sleeves
    Photo Plaques
    3 types of Specialty Mugs which include bone china, espresso, and jumbo mugs.

  • Watched a crazy amount of Creative Live workshops. I would count or link to them all but I'm running out of steam. The biggest gain for me was how much I learned about Photoshop and have been able to apply.

  • Read 51 books, scripts, or book-like things. Not everything shows up on GoodReads, but most of it's there if you'd like to take a look.


  • There's more I'm sure, exhibits and outings, but I'm anxious to get back to 2012's life of art endeavors. Cheers!


    UPDATED 1/2/12: I am remiss for not mentioning that
  • I donated $118 from my Rocklawn Arts proceeds to WriteGirl as part of Colleen Wainwright's 50-for-50 fundraiser.

  • I also donated at least $8.25 (numbers for November and December aren't in yet) to Room to Read via referrals from my Squidoo lenses. Not much I realize, but I like the idea of having philanthropy built into my business even if only on a small scale.



  • Five! years ago on TTaT: I like me some angles, 2007: Engage

    No comments:

    Post a Comment