22 April 2011

Life of Art SitRep #63 In the realm of distraction

Every week, I work towards creating a life of art for myself. This is the zigzag filled journey.

Play along in the comments with your own pursuits if you'd like. (That's where I'll cheer you on.)
*******
This week, I

  • Shot 195 photographs of fire/burning brush. Ethereal, fascinating fire. When you shoot at 1/400 second and preferably faster shutter speeds, you start to see the rolling pattern I've always loved that they paint on vintage cars.

    I don't know why I ever doubted myself. My photographs are better when I shoot in manual mode.

  • Tweeted, FB's Easter sale:
    Get 20% OFF your entire order from my Rocklawn Arts shop!
    Use code: EASTERDEAL20
    Cool photography & design on customizable items!
    Offer valid through April 24, 2011 at 11:59pm PT.

  • Narrowed down to 16 possible fire shots for store.

  • Took all starred photos and made album of store contenders. Narrowed it to 350 to start. I could really use something that lets you rate photos more than starred or not.

  • Fixed stamp denominations for the remaining 46 product lines. Then checked Molto Groovy Photos store, but it only has 1 medium size stamp for each design, so no problem there. Finished, woo! Also rearranged some items in a bunch of the folders. (Perfect mindless task for someone unable to concentrate.)

  • Tweeted a few items from my store.

  • Submitted store/product links to 8 forum leads.

  • Sent thanks DMs to new twitter followers.

  • Watched "Create An Action Sequence With Multiple Images," and two "Using Gradient Maps and Blending Modes," and "Layer Tips and Tricks" (this one's pretty cool, lots of keyboard shortcuts and tips for getting around on layers) Photoshop tutorials.

  • *******
    How are your pursuits going?


    A year ago on TTaT: Spaztastic! Coming to you live from the realm of reason...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment