26 April 2011

I'm Over All That

I'm Over All That: And Other Confessions24. I'm Over All That: And Other Confessions by Shirley Maclaine

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I love the format Shirley MacLaine chose for this book: it is a collection of reminiscences and opinions which reveal the things she is over in this life, as well as the things she's trying to be over, and those she will never be over.

She is, for example, over liberals and conservatives, rude young people, and flying. She's not over good lighting, Africa, or having her hair colored. She covers a lot of ground from the political to the metaphysical, Hollywood stars, affairs, travel, and more. She's a thoughtful person with a sense of humor who can write well.

Not my favorite book by her but quite enjoyable. It's worth reading just to start considering what you are and aren't over in your own life.


A year ago on TTaT: Dear Lego, your sexist policy is appalling!; improv wisdom: don't prepare, just show up; Aquarium

2 comments:

  1. I like her and the idea of categorizing what I am over or into. For example, I am over the term "awesomesauce" and into Zumba.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I thought it was pretty awesomesauce. ;)

    I'm definitely over tanning, but I'm not quite over caring what other people think.

    ReplyDelete