28 November 2009

Nothing but good attitude

Just thought I'd share my motto for enduring this holiday shopping season: Nothing but good attitude. It ran through my head when I was out yesterday and today, sometimes as a little song which amused me in and of itself. My experience was quite pleasant over all with the added bonus of decent parking spots.

It also helps to know that I will not fight or struggle with someone over any item. If they want it that badly, they can have it. Not that I'm getting up early for anything--I don't do early if I can help it. If a store doesn't have or is sold out of what I want, it's no big loss. I concede that it helps immensely that no one I'm shopping for is all that picky. Except me, now that I think about it, so I will endeavor to do my family a solid and give them lots of options.

Scored a nice hard drive for cheap at 3:30 PM yesterday even though it rang up incorrectly. So glad I’d brought the flyer with me. Sure my gracious patience as they struggled with the security lock didn’t hurt either.

Also, I saw nuns at the mall. And an Indian woman in a sari. Black Friday’s a lot of artificial hype (a lot of sales were really no better than usual) but there’s no better opportunity to see many different types of people out where I live.

If you've got any shopping to do this season, I hope it all goes smoothly for you. (Watch out for the attractive but distracting shiny things at full retail price.)


A year ago on TTaT: Tofurkey haiku

1 comment:

  1. That is a good mantra! We are not buying much this year so I am not feeling stressed at all :)

    ReplyDelete