08 November 2008

And now for some things random...

Elisabeth tagged me the other day with the following parenthetical aside: "one of the most interesting bloggers on my blogroll, but whom I do not feel I know very well." How could I pass that tag up?

Six Random Facts About Me meme rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Random fact #1: I'm right-handed but left-eyed. This means that any time I look through a camera's viewfinder, I use my left eye if possible. Most motion picture cameras are designed for right-eyed people. It took some getting used to when I first started shooting in college.

Random fact #2: When I get an epistaxis*, blood only pours out of my right nostril.

Random fact #3: I was a DJ in college. During pledge week one year, I worked the phones during the reggae show that came on after mine. One caller's Jamaican accent was so thick, I kept asking him to spell stuff for me until in frustration, he asked me if English was my second language.

Random fact #4: There are tv shows I watch now that have been on longer than the five years my niece has been alive. That kind of blows my mind.

Random fact #5: I couldn't reliably tell time on analog clocks until 7th grade. Quelle heure est-il? The delay in my answers was not because I didn't know the French. I just had a hard time deciphering the analog clock pictures that had no numbers on them in our workbooks.

Random fact #6: If the interwebs had been 7 years further along when I was living in LA, I might still be there.

(Consider yourself tagged if you'd like to play along.)

*FreeRice in action, baby.


A year ago on TTaT: What idiot thought this was a good idea?

5 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for having done that meme! The two things I found most interesting:

    1. the left-eyed thing, with having to look through a camera viewfinder with your left eye - it must be rather difficult, and somewhat annoying.

    5. I constantly deal with students who have that problem when I teach time in French. They just can't read analog clocks - also, the increasing use of digital clocks and watches makes it so that many college kids these days can no longer read traditional clocks. And don't get me started on the 24-hour clock. Most of my students don't understand it, except those who are in ROTC.

    But I also loved the other ones, especially the one about the phone call from the Jamaican guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun, Elisabeth! With still cameras, it doesn't bother me at all. I'm just accustomed to smashing my face up to the back. If I had to close one eye like a lot of people do, that would bother me.

    I thought you'd appreciate #5. I wear an analog watch now, but I still don't relish telling inquisitive strangers what time it is. I understand it visually but still have a slight glitch when it comes to translating that information into spoken words. Is the 24-hour clock standard in France? I get it, but I have to think about it for a second to do the math.

    Voix: Thanks! Play along if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what are the two shows?

    The left-eye concept is interesting! I wonder how many people do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. kilax: CSI and Smallville. I thought there were more, but some shows just miss it like NCIS.

    ReplyDelete