08 November 2007

What idiot thought this was a good idea?

Have you seen the cough syrup ad campaign that shows people in a blindfolded taste test unable to distinguish between the cough syrup and various sorts of swill?

Yeah, I get the tastes-bad-but-works idea, but all you're doing is making me think the cough syrup is even worse than I might've imagined. I'm not going to drink something compared to spring break hot tub water or liquid from a public restroom's floor.

After seeing your ads, I always think of how I'd rather have a sweet orange-flavored cough syrup even if it doesn't work as well. That's after I suppress my gag reflex.

Advertising rule #1: Don't show that your product in indistinguishable from swill.

Isn't that rule #1? Well, it ought to be.

One year ago at TTaT: Third time's a charm
Technorati tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment