17 November 2008

$50 for general admission?!

They've forgotten that general admission is supposed to be on the cheap side.

I was thinking about when I might visit a friend of mine in LA and found myself tempted by the Xena Convention at the end of January/beginning of February. I scrolled down past the fancy weekend packages looking for the cheapest single day ticket that would let me see Lucy Lawless and Renee O'Connor only to find that it costs fifty bucks.

I know it's been several years since I've been to any conventions, but I think $50 is outrageous for a non-reserved seat way in the back. Also, it doesn't include the $7.25 shipping and handling fee that I'm fairly certain they charge you even if they don't mail you the ticket because you're picking it up at will call.

Creation Entertainment runs all the major fan conventions including Star Trek, so they've got a monopoly and they know how to exploit it.

So... $57.25 to see Lucy from 100 feet away? I think I'll stick to watching stray clips online.


Two years ago on TTaT: 39

No comments:

Post a Comment