23 October 2005

What are the odds?

My mom started telling me about a movie she was taping this afternoon, "Sandra Bullock and Liam Neeson are in it. It's from 2000, and I've never heard of it." She shuffled some newspaper pages to find the title.

"I just read about this movie the other day."

"Gun Shy," she stated.

"Yeah."

She read the vague description of the film from the paper, something about an agent with a bad case of nerves and a nurse who helps him while he tries to bust a drug ring: definitely not the logline I encountered the other day which made it immediately clear it's a horrible film. Thanks to Merujo's post, I was spared from watching any part of that disaster.

5 comments:

  1. Hahahahahahaha! Beautiful! My sister thought I'd made the whole thing up, so I went to Rotten Tomatoes and read her a review I found linked on the page. My favorite line in the review was "Liam Neeson farting and gurgling for one and a half hours is simply too much."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I never was much of a Neeson fan, but it breaks my heart to hear that the beautiful and talented Bullock made such a faux pas as late as 2000 - good thing we never heard of the movie - and let us quickly forget it ever happened, it sounds horrible...

    ReplyDelete
  3. reviews like this make me want to go rent the movie to see just how bad it actually is. i suppose i am simply a glutton for punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rarity- I'm not a Neeson fan either, but I could see how people might be curious to see him in comedy. Still, I agree, this film is best forgotten.

    Sara- I know others like you, and you may surely scoff at my taste when you see my next post. As long as there's amusement found, I think that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete