11 March 2017

17. O'Keefe

O'Keefe17. O'Keefe by Britta Benke

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The version I read was in English with ISBN: 978-3836556484 but has the same page count and cover, so I'm considering this close enough. (Trying to add it to GoodReads was giving me all sorts of hassle.)

Really lovely collection of Georgia O'Keeffe's paintings.

The text is OK but sorely needs indentation for new paragraphs! Or line breaks, something to make it easier to read than having it all justified left. The hyphenated split words on the right were annoying too.

As for text content, it's decent when it's the facts of her life but at times made me roll my eyes when it strayed into interpretations of O'Keeffe's paintings. This book is best for its selection of images from her work, a decent size, but not huge–the book, that is.

If you can't see her work in person (though I highly recommend it), this is a good second choice.


10 years ago on TTaT: The other Hepburn, I was suspicious...

No comments:

Post a Comment