07 March 2012

Batwoman: Elegy

Batwoman: Elegy16. Batwoman: Elegy by Greg Rucka

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A lot of gorgeous art here and a compelling character in Kate Kane aka Batwoman. Though there is clearly a good deal of story background with the villains in earlier issues, I understood enough of it to follow along fine. It would've helped if I'd read the scene setting page of text first, but I mistakenly thought it was part of Rachel Maddow's introduction. (I prefer to read those after to avoid spoilers and to see what I think first before being offered another's opinion.)

This collection of issues is more of a character story about Batwoman/Kate in any case which was what I found most appealing about it. Her origin story is also revealed, and it's pretty cool. As an additional perk, her character is gay but not a stereotype.


Two years ago on TTaT: Sketchbook, page 9

No comments:

Post a Comment