24 June 2011

Life of Art SitRep #72 Basement Jaxx

Every week, I work towards creating a life of art for myself. This is the zigzag filled journey.

Play along in the comments with your own pursuits if you'd like. (That's where I'll cheer you on.)
*******
Tombraider isn't a very good movie, but it has moments I love. At the moment, I'm thinking of the very end...

***SPOILER***

...when Lara picks up her guns and swings her aim into camera, freeze frame and "Where's Your Head At" kicks into the soundtrack. Where's my head at? is what I'm wondering these days. I know what I want to get done and yet I'm repeatedly distracted or inundated with too many choices. Need to work out some methodologies, I think. Less stress would be good too.

Beginning is two-thirds of the work, as the Welsh say, except in Welsh. I think I just need to begin again to find my groove.

This week, I
  • Shot 210 photographs. Finally a break in the rain! I missed my window a couple days ago so I was so happy to be out this afternoon even if my pants' legs were getting soaked.

  • Tweeted, FB'd, Zblogged Summer Lovin' Sale:
    Get set for barbecues, picnics, and beach time!

    40% OFF Canvas Bags
    30% OFF iPhone/iPad cases
    20% OFF Keds Shoes
    10% OFF Portable Speakers
    $5 OFF T-shirts

    Use code: SUNLOVINSALE

    Offer is valid until June 26, 2011 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
    Circle With Fire Escape bag
    Circle With Fire Escape by RocklawnArts
    Create a bag at zazzle.com

  • Tweeted sales.

  • Watched some of "Photoshop Elements 9 with Lesa Snider" workshop on Creative Live. Picked up some more Photoshop keyboard shortcuts and tips.

  • Read May 2011 Popular Photography.

  • Zblogged postage and binder sales.

  • *******
    How are your pursuits going?


    First time I've ever posted on June 24th since I started TTaT in 2005. Woo!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment