27 February 2010

Soon I Will Be Invincible

8. Soon I Will Be Invincible by Austin Grossman (4.5/5)

Have you ever wondered about the real lives and motivations of superheroes and supervillains? If so, this is the book to read.

It's autobiography/unauthorized biography/mystery. A seasoned supervillain and newbie superhero take turns advancing the story from their points of view.

The book explores just about every superhero/supervillain trope you could think of with humor and humanity. It feels believable, enough so to make me think twice about wishing for superpowers, diving into irradiated vats, or picking up alien artifacts.

Thanks, Vahid, for recommending it!


A year ago on TTaT: Do people actually like Shane?

2 comments:

  1. I'm very glad you liked it. Easily one of my favorite reads.

    Now, go get yourself a copy of World War Z if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep it in mind, which you'll have to trust me is better than putting it on the list. Have a few others going just now...

    ReplyDelete