08 July 2016

Life of Art SitRep #334 Troubleshooting and Culling

Another week of less visible but key work behind the scenes.

Shot 55 photographs and 12 videos. Culled 33 photos and 2 videos.

The last 5 videos I shot came out small for some reason, so I shot a few more photos and videos to troubleshoot, ultimately consulting the manual. There is an irksome "compact video" mode which is not hard to activate by mistake. At least I know what the icon looks like and how to switch it back to standard now.

Culled 81 photographs and 2 videos from earlier shoots in 2016. I'm up to May now and it does seem to be going faster than my overhaul of last years photographs. As I've gotten more brutal in my culling, there are less decisions to make.

Caught up on some other archive work.

Discovered how to record a new step in a Photoshop action to replace an old step. You can record a new step within your existing steps, and it will show up below the step that is selected once you hit record. If it's in the wrong place, you can always drag and drop it.

Created a first draft of a new pattern in Photoshop, not happy with it yet.

Finished working on a red gouache painting scan to make it repeat properly.

Very nearly done with a watercolor painting collage pattern.

Deleted 20 zigzag products from my shop.

Updated some presets in Lightroom.

Made monthly backups. Have you backed up lately?


11 years ago on TTaT: Somewhat better in retrospect

No comments:

Post a Comment