15 January 2013

2. American Ruins

American Ruins2. American Ruins by Arthur Drooker

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Though this book has the same style layout and infrared photography, I much prefer his later book Lost Worlds: Ruins of the Americas. The ruins themselves in American Ruins were far less interesting to me.

A few places were cool but they tended to be on private property, not places you could readily visit.

The ruins pictured are all within the United States but there's nothing from the Northwest included.

I'd suggest flipping through the book to see if anything catches your fancy and then reading his page summary about the location if you're interested. I would skip the essay at the beginning. The foreword and Drooker's introduction were fine.

Really though, I'd suggest checking out the ruins in his book Lost Worlds.


Two years ago on TTaT: Snow spirals

No comments:

Post a Comment