18 February 2011

Not helping my paranoia

I usually write my Life of Art posts Thursday night to post for Friday, but I just don't feel like it right now. I'l probably get to it later on Friday.

So... I went to the doctor last week for a physical. I mentioned this last week but don't think I truly conveyed just how stressful I find it.

To keep a long story vague* and short, I officially feel worse now than I did before I went.

At dinner a horrible thought came to mind: if he comes up with a diagnosis that is brought on by stress, then it will have been brought on by the very act of me going to see the doctor. That is not an irony I will enjoy.

In the meantime, I shall endeavor to chill the frak out. Done with phone tag for now so I think that's doable.


*I wrote more but then thought better of putting it on the interwebs.

A year ago on TTaT: Night Snow

If you liked this post, please share it using the links below.

3 comments:

  1. I feel you. I hate going to the doctor, and the older I get, the more I have to go. I always assume it's cancer, then have to talk myself down. Let me know if you find a way to chill out. I'm still working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I went to him the 1st time, I asked him about a bruise I've had since August that hasn't totally healed. He said it was fine, that it wasn't cancer, and I said, "That had not crossed my mind at all." Then he proceeded to tell me how it sometimes could be cancer. Thanks, buddy!

    I feel ya though. Cancer crosses my mind for other stuff on occasion.

    I'm fairly calm at present despite my alarming (at least to me and any tv doctor who encounters it) and not improving weird symptom. Waiting for more test results... hoped for them on Friday but now have to wait until Tuesday since office is closed for Pres. day. Talked to pharmacist, taking notes...doing all I can really aside from scouring the web which I'm just not in the mood to do (and wouldn't likely help much).

    Think I'm less stressed because I know for now that no call is coming. Also have embraced the idea that if it is stress induced than chillaxing is in my best interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Practical suggestions: set up a playlist of your favorite upbeat music. Do that now and then you'll have it ready when you need a pick-me-up. I'm listening to my birthday playlist now.

    Have plenty of light reading handy. Not necessarily light in subject just not that long, doesn't demand too much concentration.

    30 Rock! I swear that's the only thing that made me laugh last week. Thank you, Tina Fey!

    Perhaps best is doing something you like to do if you're up for it.

    ReplyDelete