06 June 2010

Sketchbook, page 32

(Other pages)

The process of filling a 120 60 page sketchbook and posting it all by year's end continues:

"Neil Gaiman's live UStream to start National Library Week 12/iv/10"

A close resemblance? Not so much, but I like the sketch anyway. In college, it used to really frustrate me when the models we had to draw moved because we were expected to fix our drawings despite our best efforts to coax them back to where they had been. Obviously Neil Gaiman wasn't modeling, so he was free to move within the constraints of the video frame. I decided to draw him anyway, letting his movement come as it might.

The screenshot is included just for comparison, I drew from the live feed of his talk. An entertaining challenge. Thanks for the impromptu modeling, Neil!


A year ago on TTaT: Awakening

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm motivated to sketch more now. Thanks for the side-by-side post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! You're welcome.

    That's the goal of this whole project for me: sketch more!

    ReplyDelete