14 June 2008

Where the goth kids are

Cargo shorts. That's what I was thinking when I left for the mall around 6. Also that most people just out of work would have better things to do on a Friday night so the stores shouldn't be too busy. What I did not but should have anticipated was all the packs of teenagers. Clearly our mall doesn't have one of those unsupervised kid curfews.

There were teenagers spanning about 30 feet of a low wall outside, more all throughout the food court, as well as roaming pairs, trios, and packs. Pretty much all wearing black with plenty of zippers. Gonna be a hot summer for them.

I suddenly understood how our small mall with varying unoccupied blocks, never able to support full occupancy, has been able to sustain a Hot Topic for so long.


Two years ago on TTaT: Transformation

2 comments:

  1. This is why I hate the mall... all the teenagers... just hanging out there... arg... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pack of rowdy loud middle schoolers in Target was the most irksome. And the pair of 13? yr old girls running.... I wondered how far they'd fly if I stuck a leg out. ;)

    ReplyDelete