18 July 2020

Signs

Today, my neighbors put up a yard sign I'd seen variations of before, each line a different color:
We believe
Black Lives Matter
Love is Love
Feminism is for everyone
No human being is illegal
Science is real
Be kind to all

As I read, they went up in my estimation, thinking, YES!

It also made me think that while stochastic terrorists (-in-chief) seem to abound these days, there are also all the signs people display which convey that you belong, that you are not alone.

My neighbors' yard sign, any of its messages individually, a rainbow sticker on a car or a rainbow flag displayed outside a church, store, or home. Signals of hope and acceptance for strangers and declarations of values and/or identity for the displayers.

The sign my neighbors put up made me a bit more hopeful today.

I believe those things too.

This post is my sign for you.


10 years ago on TTaT: Sketchbook, page 38

No comments:

Post a Comment