03 July 2020

Life of Art #541 [New SILENCE = COMPLIANCE gear, 2021 Calendar Magnets and Box Signs]

This week, I expanded my line of SILENCE = COMPLIANCE gear with car flags, 2-sided and wide lawn signs, a car magnet, and tote bags.

Tap to see the whole Silence Equals Compliance protest gear collection:

Created Vote Blue bold watercolor text political election face mask:

And some new abstract pattern face masks which can be seen in this collection:

Even as a one-person business I've been thinking about how to build it to be anti-racist and welcoming. I don't have control over the models that Zazzle does product photos with, but I did see that they added two black women as options for their cloth blend face masks recently so I changed several of my products' displays to feature them and updated one of my collection banners as well.

I need to do better with my placeholder photos but for the moment I'm using images I can find for free with model releases and those are all white people. When I finally buy some stock imagery, I'm committed to representing diversity (POC and LGBTQ+) and looking for photographers who are people of color, ideally women of color to support with my purchase(s).

***************
Created Custom 2021 Calendar Wood Block Signs and added them to this collection:

I've also been working on updating 2021 Calendar Magnets with custom photos, names, or logo templates:

Tap to see more.
Pinned to boards at Rocklawn Arts on Pinterest.

How was your week?


10 years ago on TTaT: Sticks and stones...

No comments:

Post a Comment