15 May 2019

Out for a walk...

Out for a walk I warmed up enough to lower my hood. As soon as I did, I heard a large branch cracking above. I immediately stopped as I was approaching tall pine trees and looked up to see how to avoid it.

A futile act no doubt but fortunately the branch didn't break entirely free and was several feet away from the road. Instead it dangled vertically some thirty feet up waiting for a heftier breeze to finish the job.

Still there were old pines with branches that were over the road.

I put my hood back up and hustled past. My hood wouldn't offer much protection, but it would be better than nothing if I couldn't avoid a falling branch or get my arms over my head in time.


10 years ago on TTaT: 20 self portraits from 1996, day 7

No comments:

Post a Comment