24 December 2018

The Little Drummer Boy did NOT get me this year AKA I Won!

It seems crazy, but I've been playing The Little Drummer Boy Challenge since 2011.

The rules from the site:
It’s very easy: So long as you don’t hear “The Little Drummer Boy,” you’re a contender. As soon as you hear it on the radio, on TV, in a store, wherever, you’re out.

The game begins the day after Thanksgiving (Black Friday) at 12:01 am and continues until midnight, Dec. 23. If you haven’t been puh-rum-pum-pum-pummed, you win. For this year, anyway.
The first four years I won which made me cocky, then I lost 3 years in a row. It was wearing on me.

This year the gap between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve was epically long, and I didn't even think it was worth trying. But then I'd made it through the first week of December without hearing The Boy, so I committed to avoiding the song.

I survived shopping at various stores with carols playing by being as fast as possible. I lucked out when I spent an hour walking through a winter lights display that not only had Christmas songs playing but medleys! That was like three times the song exposure.

Anyway, I made it all the way through, huzzah! I may hang up my spurs after this one though. Quit while I'm ahead as it were.

Happy Holidays!


13 years ago on TTaT: Santa tracker

No comments:

Post a Comment