31 December 2018

Life of Art 2018 Roundup

Happy New Year, awesome readers! I hope your 2019 is happy, healthy, and full of splendid adventures.

For the past 463 Fridays, I've been tracking my efforts to create a life of art for myself. Here's a look at some of what I accomplished in 2018.

I created many new designs for my shop including graduation and birthday invitations and party supplies, gingham check patterns with monograms, photograph templates, holiday designs, and political designs.

Since I started overhauling my store's organization moving from having each design in one folder to separating them into categories like home decor, cases, and celebrations, it's harder to track the overall design count.

I can tell you that I added 1193 new products to my shop in 2018.

Here are a few designs from the beginning of the year before I shifted my organizational approach:
Resolve to RESIST40 and Fabulous Party Supplies and GiftsAre You Wearing Green? ShamrockIrish Lass, Green Shamrock

Irish Lad, Green ShamrockSt. Patrick's Day Green ShamrockEaster Egg Hunt Basket PhotoGun Control Now

Vintage Easter Bunny IllustrationColorful Easter Eggs in Grass PhotoHand Drawn Fancy Easter Eggs Adult ColoringMamá Número Uno

Happy Mother's Day Custom PhotoRegister to Vote

I created a wide variety of new collections you can see here. For example,

See all of the Collections at Rocklawn Arts together and click on any you would like to see more of.

I added over 24 New Product Types:
Invitations

Guest Books

Trucker Hats

Embroidered Hats

Luggage Tags

Leggings

Post-it Notes

Stockings

Paper Napkins

Edible treats

Banners

Tumblers

Acrylic Photo Blocks

Business Cards

Business Card Holders

Hand fans

golf towels

banners

tapestries

yard signs

rubber stamps

golf ball

lip balm

yoga mats

(Forgive me for not having time to link to all of them. If there's something that strikes your fancy, leave a comment and I'll be happy to provide a direct link for you.)

See all the latest products I've created here.

Also check out Rocklawn Arts on Pinterest.

The more fun life of art experiences in 2018 were the exhibits, museums, and gardens I toured. Tallying them up, they amount to 9 days spread through the year, down from 16 the previous year due to an injury of a family member. Though few, they did my soul good all the same. I hope to ramp up that number in 2019.

I spent a lot of time watching business webinars, working through a course, and getting some feedback to level up in 2018. My attention was largely divided in 2018, but I look forward to implementing what I've learned in 2019.

In 2019, I created over 1312 photographs and 41 videos (that I deemed worth keeping). Alas I have not gotten much better about sharing them. I'm disinclined to post any of them before they are copyright registered which builds in a lengthy delay by which time my mind is on other things. I need a more systematic approach.

How was your year? What would you like to do more of in 2019?


13 years ago on TTaT: Books - 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment