03 December 2017

The Artist's Way

The Artist's Way47. The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Though Cameron makes a point of saying you don't have to believe in God to benefit from the book (true), I suspect you'll get more out of it if you do believe in a higher power of some sort. You'll have more buy in for some of the affirmation language and exercises strewn throughout.

I checked it out from the library and was trying to plow through it in 6 weeks. I don't recommend this. I got up to week 9 of the book but then needed a break from it for a good while before checking it out again and finishing it.

If you suffer from low grade depression, there are a lot of questions in the book that will highlight it. Actually I recommend the book to mental health providers as many of Cameron's questions are better screeners for depression than the typical ones they always show on prescription drug ads.

This is definitely a what you put into it is what you'll get out of it sort of book. I have been good about writing in the morning (though not 3 pages worth) but I am not that great about doing the artist dates. I'm working on it which is apt/ironic since my mindset is more workaholic than I'd realized.


10 years ago on TTaT: Here's what's in it for you

No comments:

Post a Comment