31 December 2017

The Art, Science, and Craft of Great Landscape Photography

The Art, Science, and Craft of Great Landscape Photography49. The Art, Science, and Craft of Great Landscape Photography by Glenn Randall

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I've read many photography books over the years and generally they are either too simple for me containing little I don't already know or are dry, technical reads (that still don't offer much that is new to me) that aren't very useful.

Randall's book delightfully delivers on its title's promise. It is a book written for photographers who already know the basics. He covers how to predict where rainbows may appear, nighttime and aurora photography, calculating where the moon or Milky Way will appear in relation to your foreground to name a few.

He gives practical examples using his own experiences and mishaps shooting and processing images.

Enjoyable text that does get into science and geometry coupled with a lovely selection of his landscape images. Makes me want to spend more time in Colorado.


12 years ago on TTaT: Books - 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment