13 July 2012

Life of Art SitRep #127 Busy, busy

So... when you don't have family visiting anymore or any workshops to watch it turns out you can get a heck of a lot done.

I added 128 new products to my store including a variety of Skins for Electronics as well as my new design, 5 Bisected Black Lines. Catchy title, right? ;)

Check out the complete collection of 5 Bisected Black Lines products.

I also made a new set of templates. More involved than anticipated with a few missteps but they let me organize them better and alerted me to some designs I hadn't made skins for yet.

To feed the soul, I walked through a sculpture show on the grounds of an historic estate. Also shot quite a few photographs, have more to download yet.

In big picture realm, I did a lot of work on my archive and learned something key. A couple weeks ago, I wrote about a new workflow I'm working to adopt. I'm having some difficulty with it because it throws some things I did all at the import stage out of order and makes me more likely to put them off.

However, it makes looking at older work easier. The thing I learned is that if I'm undecided about a couple of images, say which one to keep, just keep both and move on for now. It's more important to keep your momentum than it is to waste time making a choice about images you may not even use.

In momentum is confidence. Breaking the flow with ambivalence yields doubt. Don't need any more of that.


A year ago on TTaT: Bona fide tower

2 comments:

  1. I love the last line of this post: "In the momentum is confidence." That is the best thing I've read all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Also extra bonus points for reading all the way down to the bottom! :)

    ReplyDelete