07 February 2012

Last day for Worldbuilders fundraiser for Heifer International!

Worldbuilders is a fundraiser run by scifi/fantasy author Pat Rothfuss to raise money for the fantastic charity Heifer International. Heifer provides goats, heifers, bees, chicks, and other animals as well as training to take care of them to people in need. Recipients pass on offspring to other members in their community, a gift that keeps on giving if you will.

The cool thing about donating through Worldbuilders is that Pat will match 50% of your donation. Well, that's not all that's cool. For each $10 you donate, you get an entry into a massive raffle including over 1000 "books, comics, DVD’s and other cool miscellany." Most of it leans to scifi and fantasy genres. Even if you don't read it, I'm sure you know someone who does.

To check out the swag, visit the Worldbuilders main page for links to all the goodies.

The fundraiser ends tonight, February 7th at 11:59PM, CST, so head on over to Pat's team page for Heifer International and get your donation in!

(I know times are tough for a lot of people. I couldn't afford to give as much as I'd like this year, but I got my parents to match my donation, so you know, think outside the box. :)


Two years ago on TTaT: Sketchbook, page 2

No comments:

Post a Comment