19 September 2010

Sketchbook, page 47: birthday edition

The past couple of days I've been preoccupied with what's not on my birthday list, the things it doesn't occur to me to ask for or that it feels weird to ask for, and what it would be like if I did.

As I sit here now, I'm still not sure I can do it. I thought I could, but I'm hesitating, it's late, and I'm tired. Screw that.

Things I'd like for my birthday that I'm writing here instead of saying out loud:
Encouragement.

Help with my pursuit of a life of art. See something at Rocklawn Arts zazzle or Rocklawn Arts redbubble that someone you know would like? Share the link. See a photo here that you want to own that isn't in either store? Let me know and I'll see if I have a high resolution version of it.

If you now feel tongue-tied, don't stress over it, birthday greetings are always much appreciated and are totally on the list too.
Yup, definitely feels unnerving to ask for intangibles. Somehow resisting the urge to delete all of the above. (But only barely, so I shall hit publish and call it a night.)

(Other pages)

The process of filling a 120 60 page sketchbook and posting it all by year's end continues:

a Deir el-Bahri of sorts


A year ago on TTaT: A personal odometer click

If you liked this post, please share it using the links below.

5 comments:

  1. Happiest, happiest, happiest of birthdays to you, Claire! Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The happiest of birthdays to you! I am sending wishes for a year full of encouragement and support.

    I think it's fantastic that you're pursuing your dream of a life of art, documenting your process, and taking consistent action. It is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much, M!

    Elizabeth: Your kind wishes and good words are lovely. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My list of wants includes lots of intangibles too. I'm trying to get over feeling greedy. Want away, I say! Happy birthday, Claire!

    ReplyDelete