28 May 2010

Abstracted flight

Well, going back for the moon with a better camera and tripod in tow was a bust for reasons I've yet to fathom. I take it back. Just looked at weather underground again and moon rise changes by 59 minutes each day, much more than I'd thought. So even though I was at the right place a bit after moonrise today, about the same time as yesterday, the moon still needed about another hour to clear the mountaintops. Even if I'd timed it correctly today, I wouldn't have been able to get the nice dusk sky.

Even now the moon refuses to clear the trees in my backyard, so I'll have to try that another day.

Despite my miscalculation, I did get a few cool shots of geese flying overhead.





A year ago on TTaT: 20 self portraits from 1996, day 16

No comments:

Post a Comment