10 December 2008

Double your Heifer Internation donation- today's the last day!

Author Patrick Rothfuss is matching donations to Heifer International until Dec. 11. I read that as meaning today is the last day.

For every 10 bucks you donate, your name will be entered into a drawing for lots of cool stuff. Signed books, posters, etc. from lots of authors. Check out some of the swag here and here.

As Patrick Rothfuss says:
Heifer International is my favorite charity. It helps people raise themselves up out of poverty and starvation. All over the world Heifer promotes education, sustainable agriculture, local industry, and clean water.

They don't just keep kids from starving, they make it so families can take care of themselves. They give goats, sheep, and chickens to families so their children have milk to drink, warm clothes to wear, and eggs to eat.

Read up on how to donate and get your name in the drawing here.

If you decide to donate and would like to do me a solid, donate towards a goat! That's what I'm doing. Let me know in the comments even if you donate towards another animal. Thanks!

UPDATE: Unfortunately donor pages don't give you all the same animal and shares of animals options the full catalog does, so I couldn't earmark my donation for a goat unless I donated the cost of a whole goat, $120. I was torn since I can't afford that right now and wanted to donate towards a goat, but I couldn't pass up a chance to double my donation.

So if you're looking at this Wednesday night, get clicking to meet that double-your-donation deadline.

If you're reading this later and decide to support Heifer International, consider a share of a goat. Why goats? Well, there are pygmy goats that live not far from me, and any day I see them is always the happier for it. Besides, it's fun to drive by and bellow, "Little goats!"


2 years ago on TTaT: GGggrrRR

No comments:

Post a Comment